The 2005 Minigame Multicart is a self-published multicart for the Atari 2600, featuring seven 1K minigames created by Zach Matley, Bob Montgomery, Fred Quimby, and Chris Walton. This compilation of games is inspired by classic arcade games and offers a variety of gameplay experiences, from action and adventure to puzzle-solving. The seven minigames included in the multicart are:
- Hunchy – Based on the arcade game Hunch Back, this platformer has the player control Quasimodo to rescue Esmeralda.
- Jetman – Inspired by JetPac, the player must refuel spacecraft while avoiding enemy fire in outer space.
- Nightrider – The player rides through rugged terrain while being pursued by government forces in helicopters.
- Zirconium – As space captain Joe Diamond, the player fights off an invasion by an alien species made of cubic zirconia.
- Rocket Command – The player must defend Earth from magma beings launching into the sky by intercepting them with rockets.
- M-4 – A tank-based game inspired by Midway’s 1977 arcade release, where the player scores points by hitting various targets.
- Marble Jumper – A puzzle game where the player must clear the board by jumping marbles and leaving only one in the center.
The 2005 Minigame Multicart offers a diverse collection of games for Atari 2600 fans, paying homage to the classic gaming experiences of the past while providing a variety of challenges for players to enjoy.